*Whew!* I’m working pretty long days and still recovering from Internet-and-blog withdrawal, so give me a moment to breathe, kiss my keyboard, and revel in posting a new entry and my long-lost online-ness…there, tender moment over! Let’s move on.
An older woman at work yesterday gave me an indulgent smile and asked, “Are you a student around here?” I will take it as a compliment that, 10 years past the average age of a college graduate, I retain the fresh-faced, naive sweetness of a youngling. I hesitate to say it…(dropping to a stealthy whisper)…but I actually like the gang I work with. Considering I’m spending over 9 hours a day with them, that’s definitely a good thing! So far I haven’t had the nagging suspicion that they are unfortunate survivors of a brain-eating disease, either, which is a refreshing change of pace in work environment as well.
Today a guy at work peered at me curiously for a while, and just as I was beginning to wonder if I had half a Pop-Tart stuck in my teeth, he gestured to my nose ring and asked, “Did that hurt?” Nah, it was just a stick the size of a Magic Marker that was pounded into my nose with a mallet and no anesthesia by a heavily-tattoo’d man wearing black Latex gloves. (Need I say that he eerily resembled a cast member from the movie Saw?)
So, random work moments aside, I was also tagged by K&M.HappilyEverAfter over on Stepmama Drama to answer a meme, so let’s get to it:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I’m assuming that “I love hockey” and “I’m mildly opinionated” go without repeating, so I came up with these:
- My all-time favorite song, since I was a little kitten, is “Don’t Cry Out Loud” by Melissa Manchester.
- I hate to admit this, but I cry during sad movies. I like to think I’m tough and impenetrable, but let Charlotte die in “Charlotte’s Web”, or the Fox and Hound decide they can’t be friends, or Forest Gump’s mom die, and…ahhh, damnit…pass me a tissue.
- My favorite gemstone is the opal.
- I still sometimes pray, even though I’m not sure there’s anyone to listen. (That’s another blog entry. We’ll get to it in time.)
- I love technology but can’t stand Instant Messenging, text messaging, chat, or even cell phones. Give me good old face-to-face.
- I have to make the bed as soon as I get out of it. Otherwise the room feels trashed to me.
I think most everyone on the blogosphere has already been tagged for this, but let’ s try:
Tag, ladies! You’re it!