I’m very pleased and honored to announce I was chosen as an Excellent Blog by Stephanie and by Experiments in Living. Thanks to both of you for the wonderful surprise! And thank you to every one of my readers who makes this a supportive and fun group of bloggers. Oddly enough I almost want to thank the stalkers who prompted me to start this blog after closing another one, as this one has been a far more rewarding experience than my old one. I have tried to find a shred of something positive in the litter of emotions stirred up over the last year and a half or so, and beyond a doubt, among the greatest positive things have been the excellent readers and commenters of my blog. So thank you to everyone!
Per the fine print, I need to award it to 10 more people whose blogs I find Excellent-Award-worthy. That’s hard to do; I have discovered so many blogs I enjoy, and my blogroll is far longer than 10! Check out my ever-changing and growing list of blogs, but here are 10 to get you started:
- Gertrude Granny Panties: A mix of poetry, insight, fun, pointed observations, and stripped-bare emotion
- Stephanie’s Place: (And not just because she chose me!) Detailed, well-written, humor breaks, and lots of supportive readers and links
- Kittywampus: I’m a pretty new reader of this blog, but I like the mix of opinion, feminism, cats, and sarcasm!
- Furiousball: Sensitive, sarcastic, smart-ass in turn, depending on the day or subject matter; great pictures of the beautiful kids; and funny comments from his readers.
- The Political Cat: bitingly sharp and unabashed political commentary
- Clever Escape: We have a lot in common! I like the discussion and thought-provoking comments and posts.
- Oh, You’re a Feminist?!: I always seem to find something to comment on or to spark a discussion elsewhere, either about feminism or another social issue I feel strongly about.
- Blue Bamboo: another one I’ve only fairly recently started reading, but it’s well written, interesting, and loving.
- I Can Has Cheez Burger: I can’t help it! These are so stupid that they are hilarious.
- A New Beginning: another person trying to deal with an impossible situation with as much grace and positivity as possible; I admire her for staying calm and kind in highly stressful and provoking situations.
I read and enjoy far more blogs than that, and I am always on the lookout for new ones to add to my list. Let me know if there are any you think I may like! Thanks again for the honor, and thanks for reading and commenting!