* new buds on a plant I have loved, cared for, talked to, sang to, and spoiled
*the purr of a perfectly content cat curled up on my lap
* a really good book, like The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, that draws you into the story and leaves you disappointed that the book ever ended…I want to live in the pink house with Miss August and the gang!
* the smile Gary gets on his face when he sees me, and the way he still worries about me, tries to take care of me
* finally seeing results from all the cardio, weights, and crunches I’ve been doing faithfully each day! (high-fiving myself…ow, my shoulders are sore)
* crossing off the last item on my to-do list and still having daylight left to enjoy
* planning a new sewing project in my head, after I dust off my trusty sewing machine and see if it still works!
* watching rain slide down the glass of the window, as I snuggle safe and cozy inside
* a good, loud, uproarious thunderstorm
* antique stores, a newly-revived hobby, thanks to a weekend excursion of furniture shopping
* waking up early, sleepy, dreading getting up for work…then remembering it’s the weekend, and smiling as I roll over to go back to sleep