I was tagged by Phairhead over at 50 Kinds of Awesome to take a round in the Honest Scrap. My mission is to list 10 truths about me that have not been mentioned on my blog yet, as opposed to the 10 dishonest fabrications I usually post here!
I’m pretty open and have had this blog for a while now, so forgive me if some of this has, indeed, been mentioned before.
1. I cringe at the word “blog”. It sounds like an unfortunate, involuntary gaseous result of noshing on 5-alarm chili without any Bean-o or Tums in sight, like you should blush modestly and murmur “Excuse me” after saying it.
2. I believe the true “dumb animals” are human beings.
3. As a teenager, I had a crazy, burning crush on Joe Elliott, the lead singer of Def Leppard.
Now I behold the cat-scratched and shredded acid-washed jeans, long poodle hair, and oddly cropped jackets, and I wonder what I was smoking, but back then…woo-hoo. Let me just tell you “Pour Some Sugar on Me” is still one of my favorite songs!
4. I am not afraid of confrontation. Maybe that doesn’t come as a surprise, but it honestly is not because I enjoy fighting, as I’ve been accused by random ignoramuses. I just prefer to be direct and blunt so there is no confusion where I or you really stand.
5. The spider-walk-down-the-stairs scene in the revamped Exorcist movie is the only scene in any movie that genuinely freaked me out. I leaped off the couch hysterically, chills racing up my spine, shrieking, “Step on it! Flush it down the toilet!” *shudder*
6. I type obscenely fast.
7. I have a love-hate relationship with running. The first half mile or so, I ponder what chemical imbalance caused me to be doing this to myself in the first place, but once I hit my stride, I enjoy it very much.
8. I can’t stand the smell of microwave popcorn. Blech!
9. I adore antique shops and old Victorian houses.
10. I have a leopard-print lunchbox. With fur trim.