As you can see, once the hockey season ends, I am at a loss for things to write about. Stamkos ended up staying with my Lightning (yay!), or else you would have seen a long, ranting, curse-filled, teary tirade of grief and fury. See what you missed out on?
Random observations since I last posted:
- Your cat just might be a bit too fat if his attempt to casually jump onto the windowsill results in him clinging frantically from the edge of the sill, dangling like a dead weight, fat belly swinging slightly to and fro as his chunky, furry legs scramble to save face and climb up, all while certain people who shall go nameless (okay, Gary) laugh hysterically and call him unkind names.
- There’s a really, really long gap between the end of hockey season and the start of football season. What on earth are you supposed to do with yourself in this empty void of time?
- Long road trips with 4 kids in the car really require headphones and my own music.
- Long road trips also require copious doses of Dramamine, at least for those of us fortunate enough to get carsick as soon as the vehicle is shifted into drive.
- Sometimes you are unbelievably busy, work leaves you exhausted, a long road trip right now isn’t the best timing in the world, blah blah blah, but when you are visiting family…do it anyway. Glad we did.